3.07.2011

I love a deal (No.4)

On Jon's day off last week I was able to run some errands by myself, and while I was out I decided to stop at Savers and see if I could find any diamonds in the rough.  And oh baby did I score some gems!  Not only do I love everything I got, but the fact that each thing I grabbed was 50% off made it all the sweeter.  (For those of you who aren't familiar with thrifting at Savers, every day a certain color tag is 50% off, and it just so happened that everything I picked had a blue tag, which happened to be the color that was 50% off- woohoo!)  Anyways, take a peek at my fun finds.
Photobucket


Fun brown mirror.  Will most likely paint it, but first I have to decide which room to put it in!

Photobucket

Photobucket


The second I walked in the door at Savers I saw this, and I was in love.  Loved the color, the shape, and unique design.  I plan to make a liner for it so I can put some of Rowan's random toys in it.  It's the perfect color for his room too, so not only will it be functional, but it will match the rest of his decor.  Functional and good looking, gotta love that.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Don't knock this tarnished silver beauty.  A little silver polish and she'll be good as new.  Perfect for throwing some craft supplies in, or on top of a dresser to be a catch all.  And truth be told, I actually don't mind the tarnish.  It's imperfectly beautiful!

SO there you have it.  My latest thrift store finds.  Oh, and I got all of this for $6 + tax.  Not too shabby, right?  Happy hunting everyone!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! So cool!! I like it all too! I really think the red thingy is cool! It will be a neat thing to put his toys in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! I love that silver dish, too - and only polish it if you want to *keep* polishing it. ;) Someday I'd like to find something pewter, but it's pretty pricey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tarnished beauty. It is sooo lovely. I can see some yummy oranges and apples gracing it. Ive got to get my butt to Savers and other thrift stores, I need a tall dresser stat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, and good luck with the giveaway!