2.24.2010

Project completed: Black Apple Doll

My take on the ever popular, Black Apple Doll.

Want to make one? Go HERE for the tutorial.

Shhh. Want in on a secret? While I love how the headband and flower turned out, they really were a must since my hand stitching is so horrid. (The head has to be hand stitched shut after you stuff the doll. Everything else can be done with the sewing machine.)
Hooray! Finished her just in time for a special little girl who's birthday is tomorrow! I hope she likes her. I think she is fun, and I love the colors and fabrics I went with. A super fun project that can be tailored to anyone's taste. I want to make more just so I can play around with different fabrics and accessories! Do a google image search of "black apple dolls," and see what other people have done, and then go make one for a special little girl in your life.
**Thanks to Emily Martin of The Black Apple for the Tutorial.**

6 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed! I always wanted to make one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable! I am so proud of you! And I think it's very impressive that you are generous enough to give away your hard work! Your a peach!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute. if this is for a shared niece than i have just been out done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I can so relate with the hand stitching. Mine is horrid. Very clever idea with the headband! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was super awesome. i love the accessories. it's such a cute project. and you know she loved it. you're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love your Black Apple Doll! You did great job and made her so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, and good luck with the giveaway!