2.05.2011

Project completed: baby blanket- boy version.

I feel like EVERYONE is having babies in 2011. Movie stars, friends, and family members they're all doing it -having a baby, that is. I have a friend due with her third, a boy, next month, so I whipped up this baby blanket for her. I love making these blankets. Quick, cute, and easy!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
All you need is two pieces of flannel and some ribbon. For these I generally get 1 yard of flannel in a fun print and 1 yard of flannel in a solid print. As for the ribbon I used about 50, 6-7 inch strips in varying colors. (I scored some ribbon spools a the $1 store)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I always keep my eye out for cute flannel prints, and when they go on sale I can't help but buy a yard! And since I have a couple more friends and a sister-in-law due later this year I know what I'll be doing with all that flannel I've been stockpiling!

3 comments:

  1. That is so darling! I wish I could come up with something like that. And I love that it is so easy. She is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH HEATHER!!! That is so cute! I love it! I'll have to try and make one! HOW DO I DO IT???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you say it's really simple, but sewing a straight line is a GIFT, WOMAN!!! :) That's adorable!!! :) What a talent. :)

    (And yeah - we know, at last count, 18 other people who are currently pregnant. It's quite odd...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, and good luck with the giveaway!